Unfortunately, accidents happen unexpectantly every day. In a lot of cases, you can be involved in an accident at no fault of your own. Because serious accidents can have life changing effects on your life, personal injury laws have been created to help protect victims that have been injured because of the negligence of another party. If you’ve been injured in an accident, below are a few things to consider.
- If the accident was caused by someone else you need to attempt to document the scene of the accident if possible. If you are able, try to take photos of the accident scene, get the names and contact information of any witnesses that may have seen what happened. If you are injured, have someone else attempt to document the scene of the accident and get witnesses contact information.
- If people are injured, be sure to contact 911, so that emergency teams can be notified to respond to the scene of the accident.
- There can be many factors that cause an accident, so its important to not tell anyone that you caused the accident. Responding police officers will document the accident and if you claim responsibility for the accident it could be used against you by insurance companies and personal injury lawyers.
- If medical personnel do not respond to the accident, you should still consult with a physician to ensure you have not sustained any injuries. Even if you “feel fine”, you should visit a doctor because some injuries may not be apparent right away.
- If the accident was serious and caused injuries you should definitely contact a local personal injury lawyer that has experience representing clients with your type of injuries and accident.
If your accident involved injuries, one of the first calls you should make is to a local personal injury attorney. There are many online resources that you can use to find more information about personal injury laws and to find an experienced local injury accident lawyer. For your convenience, we’ve included some online resources that may be beneficial if you’ve been injured in an accident.
Accident / Personal Injury Resources
- Findlaw Personal Injury Information & Resources
- Personal Injury Lawyer Directory
- Avvo Personal Injury Resources
- Personal Injury Lawyers in Orange County, CA
- Justia Personal Injury Overview
- Personal Injury Lawyers in San Jose, CA
- Nolo Personal Injury Laws & Information
- Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego, CA
- Personal Injury Attorneys in Riverside, CA